08 Sep Regain Your Power—Fast!
Want a quick and easy way to regain your power? Stand up tall!
• If you’re sitting, stand up.
• If you’re standing, stand up taller and more confidently.
Gabriel Hall, the yoga dad in my DADLY Wisdom book and owner of Yoga World Studio, taught me this simple technique. It’s the wisdom of yoga’s mountain pose.
How to do it: Check out Gabriel’s one-minute demonstration – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJvHchU0aiY
• Stand up straight with your shoulders back and head up.
• Stand solidly on all parts of your feet, and imagine the bottom of your feet connecting through roots to the earth’s core.
• Lengthen your neck, and lift the top of your head high, as if it’s connecting to the sky above.
• Imagine that you’re a majestic mountain. You could even picture a mountain to feel its power.
• Take a few deep breaths and smile. Breathe in the power of the mountain – the power of you!
When might you try this?
• When you need a boost and feel like having coffee or sugar to pick you up.
• If you’re in a slump — mentally or physically
• If you get discouraging news
• If your self-confidence plummets
• If you feel scattered and need to re-center yourself
• Anytime you need a power and confidence boost
Sometimes you have to shift your physical position to change your mental and emotional self.
Thus, next time you need a power boost, stand up! It works indoors or outdoors, and it’s fast and free!